Yesterday, we celebrated Chris' 8th birthday (I know he's growing up so fast). It was a simple event, no big huge jumpy or tons of kids, just our family and a few cousins. We bbq'd Joel's famous chicken and everyone absolutely loved it. Chris spent most of his afternoon having a Super Mario Soccer Tournament with his cousin Jandio (and a few of us would sprinkle in to join in on the battle). Then we enjoyed a wonderful cake made by my Tia Cuca, who's visiting us from Rhode Island. Then on to opening gifts, where Chris made out like a bandit with more Lego sets then his little heart could hope for. as well as some much needed new articles of clothing.
Today was his actual birthday, but all he needed was his table and some peace and quiet from his little bro, Santiago because he was so mega busy building most of his Lego sets. Then we followed it by ordering him pizza that he absolutely loves as our own mini celebration.
The kids are off to sleep and I'm up past my bedtime, but I loved this weekend and loved all the great things that went on with the family today. I want to just take a moment to thank everyone that came and know that Chris, Joel, Santi and I are really appreciative of spending time with our boy this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment